Illustration: Adelien Pericart
The Screenwriting Goldmine Awards are looking for original movie or tv scripts, from 45 up to 120 pages, any genre, any budget.
Five finalists will be selected from the entries submitted. Each of the five finalists will be offered an individual, one-to-one coffee meeting with one of the judges selected from the panel of influential industry experts including:
- a producer of the next series of Doctor Who
- the series producer of Coronation Street
- the Head of Development for Channel 4
- the producer of The Crying Game, The Company of Wolves and Interview With The Vampire
In addition to a package of screenwriting support and software, the first prize winner also attracts a cash prize of £500, with cash prizes for the four other shortlisted finalists. There will also be consolation prizes for the 100 making the long list.
There is an entry fee – this is tiered depending how late the entrants leave their submission to:
- Thurs 27th Mar – Standard Registrations (£24) Close
- Thurs 24th April – Late Registrations (£32) Close
- Thurs 8th May – Emergency Registrations (£38)
In addition, entrants can opt to pay for script feedback which will be given by a highly experienced script reader Si Spencer who has worked in the industry for over 15 years.
For more details about the Screenwriting Goldmine Awards visit http://awards.screenwritinggoldmine.com/