Illustration: Adeline Pericart
Brown Bag Films is currently looking to hire an experienced editor to work in their post team on exciting animation projects over the coming months. The position will involve working closely with Post Production and Production teams.
The successful candidate will have the following:
• Demonstrable experience of editing experience on Final Cut Pro
• A solid understanding of broadcast video technology, video formats and the post production process
• Experience of working in a high-volume environment and working to broadcast deadlines
• Some Photoshop skills
• Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
• The ability to keep a cool head under pressure and work independently
• Good communication skills – keeping supervisors up to date on progress
• Creative thinking and initiative, good storytelling skills
• Experience and knowledge of animation is an advantage, but not essential.
Showreels or online links to past work are welcome. Please clearly state what exactly you contributed to the pieces.
Start Date: TBC
• Assembly and editing of animatics to lock
• Assembly of offlines and editing offlines to lock
• Working with Directors and Clients to review and lock edits
• Shot breakdown of animatics and preparing files for overseas studio
• Preparing offline edits for Online/Audio Studios
• Filling in tracking charts and paperwork for Post Department
• Outputting and encoding movies from Final Cut Pro/Compressor
• Animatic panel fixes using Photoshop and FCP