Broken Song screening hosted by Galway Film Centre.
This feature documentary asks whether art and artistic expression can allow us to look beyond the facts of someone’s past and see into their soul. Street poets, hip-hop artists and songwriters GI, Costello and Willa Lee from north Dublin are the main subjects of this film which premiered at the Jameson Dublin International Film Festival in February 2013, where it won both the audience award and also the Michael Dwyer Discovery Award. The director, Claire Dix, will take part an in-depth discussion about the making of the film afterwards.
Date: Monday February 24th
You can read an exclusive interview with Claire Dix here
- January 24, 2013 Report: JDIFF 2013 Launch
- November 15, 2013 Cinema Review: Broken Song
- November 14, 2013 Interview: Claire Dix, director of ‘Broken Song’
- February 24, 2014 Galway Film Society and Amnesty International Women’s Day Film Screening
- February 28, 2011 Dublin Film Critics’ Circle Awards
- January 23, 2013 JDIFF 2013: Guests and Screenings Confirmed
- October 7, 2013 Galway Film Centre: Talking TV Drama 2013
- September 13, 2013 Galway Film Centre: Talking TV Drama 2013
- February 22, 2011 Information Session on 2011 Galway Film Centre/RTÉ Short Film Awards
- November 30, 2010 Galway Film Centre – The Path to Distribution Seminar