Dónal Ó Céilleachair’s documentary Aisling Gheal will screen at the IFI, Dublin as part of Tradfest this weekend on Saturday 25th January at 3:30pm.
The film quietly observes the participants of a sean-nós singing programme in the Munster Gaeltacht. Focusing on the relationship between renowned singer and teacher Máire Ní Chéileachair and her talented student, 11-year-old Shahira Apraku, the film immerses us in age-old musical traditions while challenging our notions of ‘Irishness’ in the process.
Shahira Apraku and Máire Ní Chéileachair, one of the greatest living sean-nós singers, will perform after the screening on January 25th.
- September 23, 2013 Competition: Win tickets to ‘Aisling Gheal’ at IFI Stranger Than Fiction Documentary Film Festival
- January 29, 2013 Call For: Marketing & Communications Assistant at IFI
- January 21, 2011 TradFest at the IFI
- January 23, 2013 Digital Biscuit: ‘Side by Side’ screening and Live Talk: The Digital Direction
- January 30, 2013 IFI International promotes Irish film across Europe during Ireland’s EU Presidency
- February 24, 2014 Galway Film Society and Amnesty International Women’s Day Film Screening
- March 27, 2014 ‘Aisling Gheal’ Selected for European Film Festival of India
- February 1, 2013 JDIFF 2013: Preview – The Good Man
- September 25, 2013 Preview of Irish Film at IFI Stranger Than Fiction: Aisling Gheal
- September 17, 2013 Culture Night 2013: Film Programme