Award-winning short documentary on the soundscape of New York, Into Noise, will screen at the Dublin International Short Film and Music Festival later this week. Peaceful images from the Finnish lake country contrast the loud cacophony of the city that never sleeps in a personal documentary by young Finnish filmmaker Janna Kyllästinen.
Into Noise was produced by Awen Films, a young non-fiction documentary film collective based in Brooklyn, New York. In addition to Kyllästinen, the group consists of Irish member Sharon Brooks, Italian member Valerio Ciriaci and American member Isaak Liptzin. The collective is particularly excited that Into Noise will have its European Premiere in Ireland, since it is the home country of one of its members and the production location of several upcoming projects.
Previously, Into Noise has been screened in Los Angeles and New York, where it was awarded “Best Student Short Film” at United Film Festival. The Dublin screening will take place on Saturday 5th, 2013 at 11AM, at 4 Dame Lane, Dame Lane, Dublin 2.
- September 27, 2013 Dublin International Short Film and Music Festival 2013
- October 2, 2014 Dublin International Short Film and Music Festival
- June 25, 2014 Call For: Submissions for Dublin International Short Film and Music Festival
- January 21, 2013 ‘Derelict’ set for US premiere at Chicago Irish Film Festival
- January 22, 2013 Actors Killian Scott and Kelly Campbell launch programme for the 2013 Jameson Dublin International Film Festival
- November 1, 2012 ‘True-D’ Wins Best Irish Short at the Dublin International Short Film and Music Festival
- September 30, 2013 Interview Florian Zapra, Founding Director of Dublin International Short Film and Music Festival
- January 23, 2013 JDIFF 2013: Guests and Screenings Confirmed
- January 23, 2013 7th Guth Gafa International Documentary Film Festival finds new home in Malin, Co. Donegal
- February 1, 2013 JDIFF 2013: Preview – The Good Man
Category: Festivals, News