Darkness on the Edge of Town, a violent, modern Irish Western produced by Lagoon Pictures, completed principal photography last week in County Kerry.
The film, starring Emma Eliza Regan, Emma Willis and Brian Gleeson, wrapped up its three-week shoot on Monday, 26th August. Clodagh Downing, Sam Monaghan, Olwen Catherine Kelly and Maura Foley round out the cast of up-and-coming Irish talent.
Written and directed by Patrick Ryan, the blood-soaked script tells the story of Cleo Callahan (Eliza Regan), a teenage sharpshooter who strives to avenge the death of her estranged sister, blind to the fact that the killer she’s hunting is her best and only friend, Robin O’Riley (Emma Willis).
The film was shot by DOP Tommy Fitzgerald on the RED MX camera. It was produced by Ryan, Fitzgerald and Lisa Mackintosh. Crowd funding for the independent production took place earlier in the year. Julie Caulfield was the Make Up Artist, Tania Persechini designed costume while Aoife Murray provided production design.
The screenplay for the film, already the reciever of three awards, has also this week advanced to the Semi Final round of the esteemed Academy Nicholl Fellowship in LA, one of only 149 scripts to do so from an original 8,000 entrants. In early October, 10 finalists will be announced, who then go on to compete for one of five prized fellowships.
The film now enters post-production in Dublin, under editor Conor Fitzpatrick. It will be scored by composer Alex Ryan later in the year, with hopes to release the revenge drama in the 2014.
More info and updates can be found at www.facebook.com/darktownfilm or www.lagoonpictures.com.
- July 14, 2014 Darkness on the Edge of Town – Review of Irish Film at the Galway Film Fleadh
- May 16, 2017 Filming Wraps on ‘Wild Fire Nights’
- February 3, 2015 ‘Darkness on the Edge of Town’ Acquired by CinemaVault at Slamdance 2015
- July 11, 2017 Emma Eliza Regan, Writer/Director of ‘Wild Fire Nights’
- November 4, 2011 Cinema Review: Sensation – Film of the Week
- November 14, 2014 Standby
- July 1, 2014 Darkness On The Edge Of Town: Preview of Irish Film at the Galway Film Fleadh
- March 26, 2013 Lagoon Films ‘Darkness At The Edge Of Town’ goes into Pre-Production
- July 5, 2013 Trailer released online for ‘How To Be Happy’
- October 7, 2014 ‘Standby’ Set for Cinema Release