Frank Kelly’s debut feature film Derelict will have its US premiere at the 14th Chicago Irish Film Festival between March 1st and 6th this year.
Starring Michael Bates, Steve Gunn, Patrick O’Donnell, Gerry Shanahan, Elaine Reddy, Catherine Wrigglesorth, Rory Mullen and Brian Fortune the film tell the story of a group of desperate men who kidnap and family and hold them hostage while robbing a bank.
The micro-budget film was shot in Slane Co. Meath in 2011 and completed in Element Post Production in 2012. The World Premiere was held last year at the Underground Cinema Film Festival in Dun Laoghaire.
Kelly commented, ‘I’m delighted to be screening at the festival, and I’m glad the US premiere of Derelict has an Irish connection.’
- January 22, 2013 Actors Killian Scott and Kelly Campbell launch programme for the 2013 Jameson Dublin International Film Festival
- January 23, 2013 Shooting Wraps on ‘The Last Fare’
- January 23, 2013 JDIFF 2013: Guests and Screenings Confirmed
- October 6, 2010 ‘140’ Q & A at the IFI
- July 13, 2015 Doing it With Passion! Writers in Ireland Series: Frank Kelly
- January 24, 2013 Report: JDIFF 2013 Launch
- April 5, 2012 Frank Kelly’s latest short film ‘Raise My Hands’ will open the 14th Annual Sonoma International Film Festival this month.
- May 14, 2013 Ablevision Film Festival
- February 1, 2013 JDIFF 2013: Preview – The Good Man
- April 29, 2013 Call For: Be a part of Frank Kelly’s Documentary
Category: Festivals, News