The Irish Film Board have announced the successful teams selected for the ‘Gearrscannáin’ scheme.
The following teams have been awarded the first Gearrscannain awards:
- Rubai written by Antoin Beag O’Colla, to be directed by Louise Ni Fhiannachta and produced by Gemma O’Shaughnessy for Magamedia Teo.
- Beirt le Cheile written and to be directed by Stephen Daly and produced by Suzanne McAuley for Spiral Pictures.
‘Gearrscannáin’ is a new short film scheme to produce Irish language short films that will appeal to a general audience. The scheme aims to encourage fresh, new directorial voices willing to take risks, challenge audiences and introduce them to interesting themes which will move them. Whilst aiming to engage a diverse viewership, the films will also be able to be rated for an under 15 audience.
- May 22, 2012 -- Call For: Applications – Gearrscannáin short film scheme
- January 23, 2013 -- Call For: Next Generation Student Short Documentary Competition
- January 29, 2013 -- ‘The Summit’ Win Caps off Successful Sundance
- January 29, 2013 -- Irish Short Wins Best Comedy award at 2012 Vacaville International Film Festival
- March 8, 2010 -- Oscar® for Richard Baneham
- September 30, 2011 -- Festival: Adaptation 2011
- February 12, 2013 -- Call For: Male and Female Actors of All Ages
- January 24, 2013 -- Call For: Entries for Encounters Short Film and Animation Festival
- February 7, 2013 -- IFTA Announce Guest Presenters & Special Musical Performance
- January 16, 2012 -- Smidiríní tonight at 10pm on TG4