Photos: Kate McBride
Last night saw the premiere of Chris O’Dowd’s new Australian-set comedy The Sapphires. Joined by cast members Jessica Mauboy, Deborah Mailman, Shari Sebbens and Miranda Tapsell as well as director Wayne Blair, Chris O’Dowd spoke briefly on the red carpet about his role in HBO’s Girls and the upcoming second season. ‘It (filming) just finished up now, I did about one or two episodes. Can’t really talk about it but it was a lot of fun.
On Moone Boy‘s success and its comparison to Father Ted at such an early stage, Chris said ‘that it’s the highest compliment you can get.
The Sapphires is released on 2nd November and Moone Boy Season 1 goes on sale next week.
- November 7, 2012 -- Cinema Review: The Sapphires
- January 19, 2012 -- Rebecca Daly, Chris O’Dowd, John Michael McDonagh and Emmett J. Scanlan nominated for this year’s Rising Star Award
- January 13, 2012 -- Closing date approaching for the Jameson Empire Done in 60 Seconds Film Competition
- January 24, 2013 -- ‘Mrs Brown’s Boys’ & Colin Morgan Win at National Television Awards
- October 2, 2012 -- Brendan Gleeson stars in dark comedy-drama ‘Cavalry’
- January 25, 2013 -- Cinema Review: Zero Dark Thirty
- January 21, 2013 -- Digital Biscuit kicks off on Thursday
- January 23, 2013 -- Digital Biscuit: ‘Side by Side’ screening and Live Talk: The Digital Direction
- January 21, 2013 -- ‘Derelict’ set for US premiere at Chicago Irish Film Festival
- January 29, 2013 -- Irish Short Wins Best Comedy award at 2012 Vacaville International Film Festival