Paul Duane’s Barbaric Genius, Ian Palmer’s Knuckle and Carol Morley’s Dreams of a Life all made it through the second stage of nominations for the Grierson Awards for Documentary Films and are into the final four in their respective categories.
Barbaric Genius is up for Best Newcomer award while Knuckle and Dreams of a Life are both up for Best Cinema Documentary award.
The Grierson Awards commemorate the work of pioneering Scottish filmmaker John Grierson (1898 – 1972).
The winners will be announced at the awards ceremony at The Empire in Leicester Square, London on 6th November.
- December 23, 2011 ‘Dreams of a Life’ at IFI
- January 23, 2013 ‘Men at Lunch’ in cinemas 1 – 7 February
- January 24, 2013 ‘Mrs Brown’s Boys’ & Colin Morgan Win at National Television Awards
- January 29, 2013 ‘The Summit’ Win Caps off Successful Sundance
- January 23, 2013 Call For: Next Generation Student Short Documentary Competition
- January 29, 2013 Black Comedy Short Completed
- April 15, 2013 ‘What Richard Did’ wins Best Film at the 32nd Istanbul International Film Festival
- January 23, 2013 Irish Folk Furniture, directed by Tony Donoghue, wins prize for Best Animation at Sundance Film Festival.
- January 9, 2012 Report: ‘Dreams of a Life’ Q&A with director Carol Morley and actress Zawe Ashton at the IFI.
- January 30, 2013 IFI International promotes Irish film across Europe during Ireland’s EU Presidency