The film is about life in Israeli-Occupied Syria know as the Golan Heights, it tells the story of the people of one of the remaining villages, Majdal Shams, and their struggle for survival. Their groves of apple trees root them to the land; they will not be moved.
The screening will be followed by a public Q&A with the film’s directors Keith Walsh and Jill Beardsworth.
Huston School screening room Wednesday September 26th at 19.00
Read Film Ireland‘s coverage of Apples of the Golan from this year’s JDIFF festival
- February 24, 2014 Galway Film Society and Amnesty International Women’s Day Film Screening
- June 28, 2012 ‘Apples of the Golan’ screens at Galway Film Fleadh
- January 16, 2015 Irish Film Review: Apples of the Golan
- January 21, 2015 Interview: Keith Walsh, Co-director of ‘Apples of the Golan’
- February 18, 2012 JDIFF 2012: Apples of the Golan
- December 17, 2014 Apples of the Golan @ IFI
- March 9, 2009 Huston School at African Film Festival
- September 15, 2014 Three Films on Philosophers at NUI Galway
- September 17, 2013 ‘Apples of the Golan’ to screen at several international film festivals
- July 30, 2015 Irish Films in Cinema 2015