Dearbhla Regan talks to director Paddy Breathnach and producer Ed Guiney about their experiences making Ailsa a psychological drama set in Dublin.
Paddy Breathnach went on to direct the acclaimed I Went Down, Man About Dog amongst others, while Ed Guiney founded Element Pictures (The Wind That Shakes The Barley, The Guard, Garage) with Andrew Lowe.
This article appeared in Film Ireland issue 39 Feb/Mar 1994 which was edited by Hugh Linehan.
- May 15, 2013 From the Archive: Paddy Breathnach Interview
- January 23, 2013 JDIFF 2013: Guests and Screenings Confirmed
- January 24, 2013 Report: JDIFF 2013 Launch
- September 9, 2011 THE GUARD Is The Number 1 Independent Irish Film Of All Time
- January 17, 2012 Element Pictures’ Andrew Lowe on the reopening of Light House Cinema Smithfield on Friday, 20th January 2012
- November 2, 2016 Podcast: Interview with Paddy Breathnach, Director of ‘Viva’
- August 21, 2016 Interview: Director Paddy Breathnach & Writer Mark O’Halloran of ‘Viva’
- March 9, 2016 ADIFF Irish Film Review: Viva
- March 8, 2016 The National Film School Lecture Series: Ed Guiney
- December 18, 2015 ‘Viva’ Shortlisted for Academy Awards®