Producer Rory Dungan and actress Bríd Brennan won awards at the Edinburgh International Film Festival this weekend.
Brennan shared the Michael Powell Award for best performances in a British feature with fellow actress Andrea Riseborough, for their roles as daughter and mother Oscar-winning director James Marsh’s Shadow Dancer, which was shot in Ireland last year and is closing this year’s Galway Film Fleadh.
Dungan, meanwhile, won the award for best story pitch at the festival’s Talent Lab event for his feature film project, The Third Wave. The feature is a science fiction/horror written and directed by David Freyne and produced by Dungan.
- January 21, 2013 -- ‘Derelict’ set for US premiere at Chicago Irish Film Festival
- January 22, 2013 -- ‘Small Time’ takes Audience Award at Seattle’s Science Fiction + Fantasy Short Film Festival Seattle
- January 29, 2013 -- Irish Short Wins Best Comedy award at 2012 Vacaville International Film Festival
- January 24, 2013 -- ‘Earthbound’ set for Cinema Release
- January 23, 2013 -- Irish Folk Furniture, directed by Tony Donoghue, wins prize for Best Animation at Sundance Film Festival.
- January 29, 2013 -- Call For: Freshly Squeezed International Student Short Film Festival open for online submissions
- January 22, 2013 -- Actors Killian Scott and Kelly Campbell launch programme for the 2013 Jameson Dublin International Film Festival
- February 1, 2013 -- JDIFF 2013: Preview – The Good Man
- January 23, 2013 -- 7th Guth Gafa International Documentary Film Festival finds new home in Malin, Co. Donegal
- January 29, 2013 -- JDIFF 2013: Story Campus DAY TWO Sunday, Feb 17th
Category: Festivals, News