Secure Your Tickets For The Inaugural Year of JOHN FORD IRELAND - The New Landmark Event in the Irish Filmmaking Calendar.
Industry Events Include – FORD FILM HUB, Screenings, Public Interviews with International Filmmakers, Panel Discussions, Masterclasses, and More!
Engage, Learn, and be Inspired by the Legendary John Ford, one of the most influential filmmakers of all time.
Book Your Tickets Now To Avoid Disappointment.
- The Iron Horse - Opening Night Gala at the National Concert Hall with RTE Concert Orchestra and Composter/Conductor Christopher Caliendo.
- The John Ford Lecture with Joseph McBride author of ‘Searching for John Ford’ (‘a treasure’ Martin Scorsese), and authorised biographies of Orson Welles and Steven Spielberg.
- Ford Film Hub with Writer/Director Panel Discussions with Guests including: Jim Sheridan, John Boorman, Brian Kirk, Thaddeus O’Sullivan, Colin Bateman, Pat McCabe and more.
- An Audience with … Director Peter Bogdanovich (The Last Picture Show, Directed by John Ford)
- In Conversation With … Stephen Frears (Hi-Lo Country, The Van, Dirty Pretty Things, The Queen)
- Music for the Screen with composers Kyle Eastwood and Christopher Caliendo and more
- Dublin Premiere Screening of Se Merry Doyle’s John Ford: Dreaming The Quiet Man
- Irish Premiere of Hell on Wheels starring Colm Meaney
- Various Panels over three days with Leading Ford Academics discussing: Ford and Ethnicity/Migration, Ford and the Western, Ford and Ireland, Ford and the Abbey Theatre, Ford and Silent Cinema. Speakers include Charles Barr, Gaylyn Studlar, Waylon White Deer, and Luke Gibbons.
- The 60th Anniversary Screening of The Quiet Man plus pre screening panel Remembering The Quiet Man in the IFI.
- Unforgiven - 20th Anniversary Screening
- Upstream - Irish Premiere of recently rediscovered and restored long lost Ford Film
- Kyle Eastwood and Band - jazz performance by screen composer and musician Kyle Eastwood and his band.
- Outdoor Screening of The Searchers in Meeting House Square
- Screenings of Ford’s classics including Fort Apache and The Informer and others.
TICKETS FOR THESE EVENTS ARE LIMITED SO PLEASE BOOK EARLY to AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT.