A launch with a difference – An audio visual treat showcasing 10 music films from 9 amazingly
talented filmmakers/directors created for each song on James Cooper’s NE W ‘Foreign Cities’
**Launch Screening at The Sugar Club, Dublin May 17th @ 7.30pm**
James Cooper is an Aussie songwriter, singer, multi-instrumentalist and producer. Not content with writing, recording, playing
and producing everything on his new album, James called upon a gaggle of outrageously talented directors and creatives based
in Ireland to create the Foreign Cities Music Films Project.
The concept was simple – the undertaking huge. But now the finished creations are ready to be seen and heard! Cooper says ‘I
really wanted to expose and showcase the wealth of talent I’d come across in Ireland to create a visual world for my album. It’s
been such an exciting collaboration and I’m delighted with the final films these guys have produced.’
In late 2011, Cooper briefed 9 Dublin-based directors to create 10 ‘Music Films’ for his upcoming 2012 album ‘Foreign Cities’.
The brief was open. Directors were free to bring their own story to their chosen track or create a more traditional style promo.
James also donned his own directing hat to create a couple of films himself. The live screening of the films on Thursday May
17th at The Sugar Club, Dublin will present the collaborative, eclectic & sometimes experimental set of 10 Foreign Cities
‘Music Films’ and coincide with the ‘Foreign Cities’ album release.
- January 21, 2013 -- Digital Biscuit kicks off on Thursday
- January 23, 2013 -- 7th Guth Gafa International Documentary Film Festival finds new home in Malin, Co. Donegal
- January 29, 2013 -- Call For: Freshly Squeezed International Student Short Film Festival open for online submissions
- January 23, 2013 -- Shooting Wraps on ‘The Last Fare’
- January 24, 2013 -- Fabricating Deceptions – TV3′s ‘Deception’ from Script to Screen
- January 23, 2013 -- Call For: Assistant Professor in Screenwriting – Trinity College
- February 28, 2013 -- LiR Documentary Set for Release
- January 23, 2013 -- Irish Folk Furniture, directed by Tony Donoghue, wins prize for Best Animation at Sundance Film Festival.
- July 31, 2013 -- iWalks: Dublin in Film
- February 7, 2013 -- IFTA Announce Guest Presenters & Special Musical Performance