Fergal Rock, a Dublin-based writer/director (Henry & Sunny, Tom Waits Made Me Cry) has been named a semi-finalist in Francis Ford Coppola’s 9th annual American Zoetrope Screenplay Contest with his screenplay Calvin & Skye. The finalists and semi-finalists, chosen from over 2,500 screenplays, were announced this morning (01/02/12) on the Zoetrope website.
In 2011, Calvin & Skye received the BlueCat Fellini International Screenwriting Award from screenwriter and BlueCat founder Gordy Hoffman (Love Liza). (http://www.bluecatscreenplay.com/past-winners-finalists/)
Calvin & Skye charts the unlikely friendship between hypochondriac Calvin and terminally-ill teenager Skye. Comic and poignant, it is a feel good tale in the vein of Harold and Maude and Lars and the Real Girl.
- October 9, 2013 Dublin-based screenwriter is Nicholl Fellowships semifinalist
- May 3, 2011 Irish writer finalist in BlueCat Screenwriting Awards
- September 14, 2012 Interview: Underground Cinema Film Festival: Dacre Stoker, great grand-nephew of Bram Stoker
- July 5, 2010 Tetro
- August 3, 2011 Strange trailer for Coppola's latest film Twixt
- November 30, 2009 Irish Short 'Henry & Sunny' Screens at UK Festival
- June 17, 2010 Irish Short ‘Henry & Sunny’ at International Festivals
- March 22, 2011 'Henry & Sunny' Screens
- January 24, 2013 ‘Henry Hugglemonster’ shortlisted for International Emmy
- January 24, 2013 Fabricating Deceptions – TV3′s ‘Deception’ from Script to Screen