Hands on training for planning, shooting, editing and uploading on-line video
Do you need to shoot and edit footage specifically for the internet and for mobile devices? In this two day course, Simon Walker will teach you the process of scripting, shooting, editing and uploading of video for viewing/distributing on-line. He will cover basics and touch upon the more advanced features of shooting on Sony EX1 cameras, editing on Final Cut Pro and outputting and uploading for the internet.
Day 1: Planning & Shooting
- Intro to the limitations of web videos
- Compression issues and solving them
- Story structure, duration and script
- Technical issues (e.g aspect ratio)
- Practical considerations (Tripod or handheld)
- Camera, sound & lighting training
- Planning & shooting footage for the short film
Day 2: Editing & Uploading
- Ingesting footage
- How to edit more quickly (tips & shortcuts)
- Practical production tips (incl. backup)
- Adding titles and audio
- Compressing for the web
Cost: €300 waged €280 unwaged
Times: 10.00- 17.30
Dates: 21st & 22nd July
TUTOR BIOG: SIMON WALKER
Based in London, Simon is an Apple Certified Final Cut Studio Master Trainer and teaches industry professionals in editing, motion graphics, color grading, audio sweetening, DVD and video compression. He has worked with clients such as Vodafone, Sony, 2012 Olympics Commision and BBC Worldwide. For more details, check out www.simonwalkerfreelance.com
Payment/Booking: To book a place on any of these courses please contact Filmbase reception in person or call on 01 679 6716. Filmbase Reception opening hours 9.30am – 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
VISA, MasterCard, Laser, company or personal cheque, cash (all in Euros) are all acceptable terms of payment.