Applications are being invited for the position of Cork Screen Commissioner to helm the newly-announced Cork Screen Commission.
The role of the Cork Screen Commissioner is to maximise the positive creative, economic and tourist impacts associated with filmmaking by:
· Actively marketing the Cork region as a film location
· Providing a comprehensive production support service
· Supporting indigenous film production
Cork Screen Commission is an initiative of Cork County Council, Cork City Council and the Cork Film Centre.
The Cork Screen Commissioner will be employed by the Cork Film Centre and based in the Gunpowder Mills, Ballincollig, Co. Cork. This is a full-time position.
Application Forms can be downloaded from www.corkfilmcentre.com and completed application forms & resumé should be sent to:
Helen Guerin, Chairperson,
Cork Film Centre,
Civic Trust House,
50 Pope’s Quay, Cork.
The deadline for applications is 12pm Friday 20th May 2011.
- February 22, 2011 Cork Screen Commission is Launched
- June 4, 2014 Call Out for County Cork Young Filmmakers
- August 25, 2014 ‘Towards Confident Filmmaking’ – The 40-hour Training Programme
- June 3, 2015 Call For: County Cork Young Filmmakers
- August 29, 2012 Black Sun Cinema and Cork Film Centre present White Noise – a film programme curated by Florian Wüst
- January 22, 2013 A Mayo Ciné-Concert at the Linenhall Arts Centre
- January 29, 2013 Call For: Marketing & Communications Assistant at IFI
- February 24, 2014 Galway Film Society and Amnesty International Women’s Day Film Screening
- January 23, 2013 7th Guth Gafa International Documentary Film Festival finds new home in Malin, Co. Donegal
- January 23, 2013 Shooting Wraps on ‘The Last Fare’