This Thursday 15th April, the Magic Lantern Film Society will be screening Mafia film, I cento passi (One Hundred Steps).
The title refers to the precise distance between the family home of Peppino Impastato and the local mafia boss, Tano Badalamenti. A story of betrayal, murder and intrigue, the film is set in Cinisi, a small Sicilian town, giving a precise and shocking insight into the Italian Mafia.
The screening will take place at 7pm shap at the Nerve Centre on Pump Street and admission is £3 at the door. For more information contact Alessandro on 07821130533, or visit www.magiclanternderry.co.uk
- March 8, 2011 ‘Noone Knows about the Persian Cats’ screening
- January 17, 2011 ‘Capitalism: A Love Story’ at Magic Lantern Film Society
- March 2, 2011 Coco at the Magic Lantern Film Society
- May 7, 2010 Magic Lantern Film Society
- November 30, 2009 The Magic Lantern Film Society Starts New Season
- January 28, 2011 'East of Bucharest' screenings in Nerve Centre, Derry
- May 15, 2012 Magic Lantern Film Society: Viva Maria
- February 24, 2012 Magic Lantern Film Society return to the Nerve Centre in Derry
- February 24, 2014 Galway Film Society and Amnesty International Women’s Day Film Screening
- May 25, 2011 ‘Chico and Rita’ at the MLFS