Irish actor Emmett J. Scanlan has won Best Actor at the European Independent Film Festival for the title role in Terry McMahon’s Charlie Casanova.
Charlie Casanova premiered at SouthBy Southwest® earlier this year, and tells the story of a sociopathic member of the ruling class who kills a working class girl in a hit and run, using playing cards to determine his fate.
European Independent Film Festival – whose goal is the discovery, promotion and projection of the best of independent filmmaking talent from around the world – took place 1–3 April 2011 in Paris.
For more details visit www.ecufilmfestival.com or to read a Q&A with the film’s director, click here.
- May 9, 2012 Interview: Terry McMahon and Emmett Scanlan on Irish film ‘Charlie Casanova’, released in cinemas this week
- March 30, 2011 Q&A on 'CHARLIE CASANOVA'
- June 30, 2011 Charlie Casanova Win
- August 23, 2011 More Details of The Underground Film Festival in Dun Laoghaire Announced
- October 2, 2012 Competition: Charlie Casanova DVD
- May 30, 2012 Issue 132 Spring 2010 Irish Playwrights & Screenwriters Guild: Terry McMahon
- August 8, 2011 Line Up Announced for Underground Cinema Film Festival in Dun Laoghaire 9th -11th Sept
- January 23, 2013 7th Guth Gafa International Documentary Film Festival finds new home in Malin, Co. Donegal
- August 31, 2015 Interview: Tony Kearns
- January 29, 2013 Irish animation at Cartoon Movie