Students from across Ireland will be challenged to prove they are ‘Best in Show’ in digital media, with an internship with an industry leader as the reward, under a competition launched today by the Digital Hub Development Agency (DHDA).
‘Best in Show’ is an annual competition run by The Digital Hub, which places new digital media and creative graduates in work placements with leading companies in their chosen fields. Final-year students are now being invited to submit examples of their work to be in with a chance of winning a placement, which they can complete after graduation from college.
This year, final-year students are invited to submit samples of their work to ‘Best in Show’ under any of the following five categories:
1. Digital Design – the winner in this category will receive a work placement with Red Dog, one of Ireland’s leading graphic design companies.
2. Film / Video – winners in this category will receive a placement with Areaman Productions.
3. Multimedia – winners will receive placements with payByMobile and the Tobacco Free Research Institute, both of which are based at The Digital Hub.
4. Animation – winners will receive a work placement with Igloo Animations.
5. Audio / Music – winners will receive placements with Athena Media and Riviera Media Group, leading international audio production companies.
In addition to these five categories, a graduate from a local community education centre – D8CEC – will win a work placement with a company located at The Digital Hub: for this category, the winner will complete a placement focusing on office administration skills with the Digital Skills Academy.
All entries to ‘Best in Show’ will be judged by a panel of industry insiders and the closing date for receipt of applications is 15th July 2011. For further details of the competition – or to apply go to www.thedigitalhubexhibit.com