This year the GAZE International Lesbian and Gay Film Festival launches the Absolute Gaze New Filmmakers Project, aimed at supporting emerging Irish talent in the development of an original short Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual or Transgender (LGBT) themed film. The project will provide a platform of funding for the production of an original short film with the added hands-on support of established Irish industry professionals.
The winning entry will receive:
• A support package of cash and in-kind services to the value of €10,000 for the selected
• Direct funding
• Equipment rental from Filmbase (camera, lighting and sound equipment)
• Post-production and sound mix using Filmbase facilities.
• Film festival application assistance, including Outfest, Frameline, NewFest, Toronto LGBT fest, Image et Nation in Montreal etc.
• Consultation with some of Ireland’s leading film professionals from pre- production to delivery stages.
• Promotional support as a key element of the 2011 Festival, including the world premiere of the film at GAZE.
The film must be originating from and be creatively led by Irish talent or talent resident in Ireland, and its production must be practically managed from Ireland.
Submissions are only accepted online and must be submitted by 5pm, 20th April 2011.
The winning film will premiere this August Bank Holiday weekend at GAZE 2011. Go to www.gaze.ie for more information.