Jig is the remarkable story of the 40h Irish Dancing World Championships, held in March 2010 in Glasgow. Three thousand dancers, their families and teachers from around the globe descend upon Glasgow for one drama filled week. Clad in wigs, make up, fake tan, diamantes and dresses costing thousands of pounds they compete for the coveted world titles.
Award-winning filmmaker Sue Bourne (My Street, Mum and Me, The Red Lion, The Falling Man) was given access for the very first time to the little known world of competitive Irish Dancing and reveals an extraordinary year of obsession and dedication for just a few tense minutes on stage.
- May 5, 2011 Jig
- January 24, 2013 ‘Earthbound’ set for Cinema Release
- January 22, 2013 Actors Killian Scott and Kelly Campbell launch programme for the 2013 Jameson Dublin International Film Festival
- January 21, 2013 ‘Derelict’ set for US premiere at Chicago Irish Film Festival
- January 29, 2013 Call For: Freshly Squeezed International Student Short Film Festival open for online submissions
- January 23, 2013 7th Guth Gafa International Documentary Film Festival finds new home in Malin, Co. Donegal
- November 23, 2011 IFI French Film Festival: L’Atalante
- February 7, 2013 Still Films @ JDIFF 2013
- July 15, 2010 ‘Breakfast at Tiffany’s’ at The Screen Cinema
- February 16, 2018 ‘The Cured’ in Irish Cinemas 20th April