Women Activists for Social Justice in association with Magic Lantern are today presenting a programme of screenings to celebrate the centenary of International Women’s Day.
Today in the Nerve Centre Cinema there will be a screening of Afghan Girls Can Kick by Bahareh Hosseini, followed by a Q&A with the director. This Northern Ireland premiere is an intimate portrait of teenage girls breaking the stereotypes set for them by an intensely conservative Afghan society to form Afghanistan’s first women’s national football team.
The second film, Itty Bitty Titty Committee by Jamie Babbit, is a fun film about a bunch of outrageous feminist activists working to challenge the patriarchy and bring down the state. This will be followed by a drinks reception at 6:30 pm, and films start at 7pm.
It costs £3 for the night or £2 for Magic Lantern members.
- February 24, 2014 Galway Film Society and Amnesty International Women’s Day Film Screening
- January 23, 2013 ‘Men at Lunch’ in cinemas 1 – 7 February
- January 23, 2013 Call For: Assistant Professor in Screenwriting – Trinity College
- January 21, 2013 Digital Biscuit kicks off on Thursday
- January 22, 2013 Actors Killian Scott and Kelly Campbell launch programme for the 2013 Jameson Dublin International Film Festival
- January 25, 2013 JDIFF 2013: Special Event – Brainbelt Illustration Collective team up with Jameson Dublin International Film Festival
- January 29, 2013 Call For: Marketing & Communications Assistant at IFI
- January 29, 2013 Call For: Freshly Squeezed International Student Short Film Festival open for online submissions
- January 25, 2013 National Film School Lecture Series: Rebecca O’Brien
- January 22, 2013 A Mayo Ciné-Concert at the Linenhall Arts Centre