Robert Flaherty’s Irish documentary Man of Aran is to be re-released at the IFI from March 11–17 before being re-released on DVD in a restored version, with the extras including material provided by the IFI Irish Film Archive.
Inspired by J M Synge’s The Aran Islands (1907), U.S. ethnographic filmmaker Robert Flaherty was drawn to Aran where he would document the lives of the islanders living in power of the sea.
Initially arriving for an overnight stay, Flaherty eventually spent over two years on the Aran Islands, which he described as ‘wastes of rock . . . without trees . . . without soil’.
Tickets are available from the IFI Box Office in person, on 01 679 3477 or online at www.ifi.ie
- January 29, 2013 Call For: Marketing & Communications Assistant at IFI
- January 30, 2013 IFI International promotes Irish film across Europe during Ireland’s EU Presidency
- July 20, 2010 Neil Sinyard talk on Woody Allen
- January 23, 2013 Digital Biscuit: ‘Side by Side’ screening and Live Talk: The Digital Direction
- August 31, 2009 NT Live At IFI
- June 30, 2010 ‘Colony’ exclusively released at IFI
- August 14, 2009 The September Issue at the IFI
- July 29, 2010 Still Films's ‘Pyjama Girls’ at the IFI
- October 27, 2010 Patrick Keiller Films at the IFI
- January 24, 2013 Report: JDIFF 2013 Launch