The launch of the Killruddery Film Festival will take place on Wednesday, 9th February, and will see the programme announced for this year’s festival. The 2011 line-up will continue to bring lost, overlooked and forgotten cinema to Irish audiences.
Silent films and music will once again feature strongly in the line-up as will Irish material, including a close look at the New York based Kalem Film Company, producers of the first fiction films in Ireland. A highlight of this year’s programme is a dramatic recreation of a 19th Century Magic Lantern performance.
The festival will take place in Killruddery House and Gardens in Co. Wicklow, 10–13 March 2011, with Kevin Brownlow returning this year as a special guest after his recent Oscar win.
For more information on the Killruddery Film Festival, visit www.killrudderyfilmfestival.com
- April 23, 2012 Film Talk at Molly Keane Writers Retreat Co Waterford ‘Why Would Anyone Collect Films?’
- March 5, 2012 Film Seminars at Molly Keane Writers Retreat Co Waterford
- April 12, 2013 Kevin Brownlow: Rise of the Gangster Film
- September 27, 2013 Killruddery Film Festival 2013: Showing Classic Movies in a Magical Place
- March 5, 2010 Call For Volunteers
- September 27, 2013 Competition: Win a Weekend Pass for Killruddery Film Festival
- January 22, 2013 Actors Killian Scott and Kelly Campbell launch programme for the 2013 Jameson Dublin International Film Festival
- January 25, 2013 JDIFF 2013: Special Event – Brainbelt Illustration Collective team up with Jameson Dublin International Film Festival
- January 22, 2013 ‘Small Time’ takes Audience Award at Seattle’s Science Fiction + Fantasy Short Film Festival Seattle
- January 24, 2013 Call For: Entries for Encounters Short Film and Animation Festival