Irish Film Board funded short documentary Alibi has won a Special Jury Prize at the Cinéma Vérité Iran International Documentary Film Festival which took place from the 8-12 November in Tehran.
Irish Ambassador to Iran, Oliver Grogan, attended the closing ceremony and accepted the award on behalf of the filmmakers. The festival is organised by the DEFC (Documentary and Experimental Film Centre), the main centre for production, distribution and promotion of fiction, documentary, animation and experimental films in the Middle East.
Alibi has also just recently been screened at the Sheffield Doc/Fest, the Leipzig DOK festival and has been selected for the upcoming Rencontres Internationales Paris/Berlin/Madrid, a showcase for New Cinema and Contemporary Art.
For more information on the festival visit www.defc.ir or to find out more on Alibi go to www.stillfilms.org
- January 23, 2013 Call For: Next Generation Student Short Documentary Competition
- January 29, 2013 Irish Short Wins Best Comedy award at 2012 Vacaville International Film Festival
- August 8, 2012 Calling All Filmmakers! New Deadline For Signatures Scheme Announced
- January 29, 2013 ‘The Summit’ Win Caps off Successful Sundance
- July 21, 2011 New Deadline For IFB Signatures Scheme Announced
- June 6, 2014 Small Changes to IFB Funding Processes and Application Dates
- August 17, 2011 'Knuckle', 'Parked' and 'The Runway' to screen at Irish Film New York
- June 5, 2012 Annecy International Animation Festival and Market – Special Irish Focus
- June 22, 2010 New Deadline Announced for Reality Bites scheme
- December 19, 2013 IFB Overview of 2013 and Outlook for 2014