Sarah Daly’s short script Morgan M. Morgansen’s Date With Destiny was recently picked up by Joseph Gordon Levitt’s revolutionary online production company and collaborative art website, Hitrecord.org.
Joseph Gordon Levitt (500 Days of Summer) narrates and stars in the 6-minute piece. Numerous artists on the HitRecord website then contributed artwork and music to the project. Lawrie Brewster of Scottish production company New Age Film pulled all these resources together into a lavish, part-animated preliminary edit.
Hitrecord.org will have a large presence at the upcoming Sundance Film Festival, and there, the project will continue to be refined. On 29th January, the finished film will be screened at a special event at Sundance, curated by Joseph Gordon Levitt.
Lawrie Brewster’s work in progress edit is viewable here.
- January 23, 2013 Irish Folk Furniture, directed by Tony Donoghue, wins prize for Best Animation at Sundance Film Festival.
- January 29, 2013 ‘The Summit’ Win Caps off Successful Sundance
- January 22, 2013 Watch ‘Irish Folk Furniture’ – A film by Tony Donoghue
- January 22, 2013 A Mayo Ciné-Concert at the Linenhall Arts Centre
- January 29, 2013 Call For: Freshly Squeezed International Student Short Film Festival open for online submissions
- January 22, 2013 Actors Killian Scott and Kelly Campbell launch programme for the 2013 Jameson Dublin International Film Festival
- April 19, 2010 'Morgan & Destiny’s Eleventeeth Date: The Zeppelin Zoo'
- September 5, 2012 ‘‘Lord of Tears’, from Irish scriptwriter Sarah Daly, completes production
- July 29, 2010 Scottish Film Festival Shorts Competition
- January 24, 2013 Report: JDIFF 2013 Launch