Owen O’Neill’s short film The Basket Case has won the award for Best International Live Action Short at the Fantaspoa Film Festival in Brazil. The award adds to the film’s success having already winning the prestigious Best Short Fiction Award at the Boston Irish Film Festival in November 2008.
The Basket Case stars Declan Conlon, Marcella Plunkett, Simon Delaney and Deirdre O’Kane, and tell the tale of a man’s love for his dying wife – and the lengths he will go to in order to prevent being parted from her. It is a dark, twisted, comic tale of love, devotion, death and debt, set in small town Ireland.
The Basket Case was produced by Katie Holly of Blinder Films as part of the Short Cuts scheme.
- April 20, 2010 -- Katie Holly to participate in ‘Producers on the Move’
- January 22, 2013 -- ‘Small Time’ takes Audience Award at Seattle’s Science Fiction + Fantasy Short Film Festival Seattle
- February 7, 2013 -- IFTA Announce Guest Presenters & Special Musical Performance
- January 29, 2013 -- Irish Short Wins Best Comedy award at 2012 Vacaville International Film Festival
- January 29, 2013 -- ‘The Summit’ Win Caps off Successful Sundance
- January 24, 2013 -- Call For: Entries for Encounters Short Film and Animation Festival
- January 29, 2013 -- JDIFF 2013: Story Campus DAY TWO Sunday, Feb 17th
- January 23, 2013 -- Call For: Next Generation Student Short Documentary Competition
- July 2, 2010 -- ‘Swansong, Story of Occi Byrne’ nominated at Munich Film Festival
- August 1, 2013 -- Cinema Review: The Heat