Irish School of Animation (Ballyfermot College of Further Education) graduate Bruno Palma’s student animation Olinda has been selected from over 200 submissions as one of 18 films to be screened as part the Animarte 2009 Festival.
The other selected shorts include Academy Award® nominee Bill Plympton’s Horn Dog as well as short animations from prestigious International animation schools ESMA School of Arts (Montpellier), Filmakademie (Baden-Württemberg) and Gobelins (Paris).
Animarte showcases the best animation shorts from around the world and brings them to cities throughout South America. This year, Animarte will be shown in Viña del Mar (Chile), Mendoza (Argentina) and Buenos Aires (Argentina).
- September 19, 2011 Ballyfermot College of Further Education joins forces with Brown Bag Films to deliver tailored evening courses
- October 20, 2011 Animator Tomasz Bagiński Q&A in Filmbase for Kinopolis Festival on Sunday 6th November
- July 5, 2011 Ballyfermot College of Further Education Signs Partnership Agreement with TCD to Foster Creativity
- November 9, 2012 Acting For Animators Master Classes with Ed Hooks at Ballyfermot College of Further Education
- October 28, 2011 Ballyfermot College of Further Education and Trinity College launch Collaborative Animation Short Movie
- January 31, 2013 Details Announced of Animation/VFX Event ISA CON 2013
- May 22, 2012 Ballyfermot College Animation Showcase 2012 Wednesday 23rd May at 7pm in the IFI
- January 29, 2013 Call For: Freshly Squeezed International Student Short Film Festival open for online submissions
- January 23, 2013 Irish Folk Furniture, directed by Tony Donoghue, wins prize for Best Animation at Sundance Film Festival.
- January 22, 2013 ‘Small Time’ takes Audience Award at Seattle’s Science Fiction + Fantasy Short Film Festival Seattle