Ross Whitaker talks to Niall McKay, director of narrative documentary A Song for Dad, which airs on RTÉ 1 on Tuesday 4th August at 10.20pm. The film, which premiered in February at the Dublin International Film Festival, explores Niall’s relationship with his Jazz musician father, Jim, who in the 1970s raised his two young sons on his own in Dublin.
In this Film Ireland Web Exclusive, Niall talks about making a film which follows a very personal journey from the depths of suicide and depression to the heights of new beginnings, marriage proposals, and homecomings.
Visit www.asongfordad.net for more info on the film and to view the trailer.
- July 20, 2009 -- ‘A Song For Dad’ Doc to Screen on RTÉ One
- July 30, 2009 -- Interview With The Makers of 'The Liberties'
- July 29, 2009 -- RTÉ One to Broadcast ‘A Song for Dad’
- September 23, 2008 -- Irish Boxing Documentary Out 3rd October
- January 20, 2010 -- Niall McKay talks to Brant Smith Director of 'In-World War'
- February 14, 2013 -- Film Ireland 141 Summer 2012 – A Bronx Tale Macdara Vallely on Babygirl
- August 19, 2010 -- PODCAST INTERVIEW WITH ‘PYJAMA GIRLS’ DIRECTOR MAYA DERRINGTON AND PRODUCER NICKY GOGAN
- September 28, 2009 -- Interview with 'Identities' Director Vittoria Colonna and Producer Rachel Lysaght
- August 19, 2010 -- How to Make an Epic Documentary For 25k
- August 19, 2010 -- IFI's Ireland on Sunday: 'Blind Man Walking'
Category: Exclusives, Podcasts