Ross Whitaker talks to Areaman Production’s Shane Hogan and Tom Burke about their documentary The Liberties which premiered at the Stranger than Fiction documentary festival at the IFI on Sunday 21st June 2009.
The Liberties is a series of 15 short films showing the history, everyday life and the sense of community in this historical area of Dublin. Shane and Tom talk about how the original idea came about, the equipment used on the shoot, the reaction of the people involved to the screening and future projects.
The Liberties will be screened in the IFI on Sunday 2nd August at 1pm and the makers hope to have a 52-minute version broadcast on television in the future.
- July 31, 2009 Interview with Niall McKay – Director of 'A Song for Dad'
- July 28, 2009 IFI Special Bank Holiday Screenings
- September 23, 2008 Irish Boxing Documentary Out 3rd October
- August 19, 2010 PODCAST INTERVIEW WITH ‘PYJAMA GIRLS’ DIRECTOR MAYA DERRINGTON AND PRODUCER NICKY GOGAN
- October 2, 2019 Tom Burke, Director of ‘Losing Alaska’
- September 28, 2009 Interview with 'Identities' Director Vittoria Colonna and Producer Rachel Lysaght
- September 22, 2014 Audio Interview: Ross Whitaker, IFI Stranger Than Fiction Documentary Festival Programmer
- September 23, 2008 Documentary Chippers to Screen at the IFI
- July 7, 2009 Issue 129 – Short Is Sweet, Feature Is Sweeter
- October 6, 2015 InConversation with Ross Whitaker