San Francisco Irish Film Festival director and Emmy award-winning filmmaker Niall McKay will have his personal documentary, A Song For Dad (also known as The Bass Player), broadcast on RTÉ One on Tuesday August 4th, 2009 at 10.20 pm.
A Song For Dad explores Niall’s relationship with his Jazz musician father, Jim, who in the 1970s raised his two young sons on his own in Dublin. Scored by Jim’s jazz music, this film questions what it means to be a son, a husband and a father.
For more information about the film, please click here: www.asongfordad.net
- July 20, 2009 ‘A Song For Dad’ Doc to Screen on RTÉ One
- July 31, 2009 Interview with Niall McKay – Director of 'A Song for Dad'
- September 29, 2011 Zero budget Festival Programming: Ten Dos and Don’ts About Programming a Niche Film Festival.
- February 14, 2013 Film Ireland 141 Summer 2012 – A Bronx Tale Macdara Vallely on Babygirl
- January 20, 2010 Niall McKay talks to Brant Smith Director of 'In-World War'
- December 3, 2015 Report: Irish Screen America New York
- January 31, 2014 IFI Ireland on Sunday Interview: Macdara Vallely, director of ‘Babygirl’
- August 17, 2011 'Knuckle', 'Parked' and 'The Runway' to screen at Irish Film New York
- January 29, 2013 Irish Short Wins Best Comedy award at 2012 Vacaville International Film Festival
- January 30, 2013 IFI International promotes Irish film across Europe during Ireland’s EU Presidency