On the 24th May, the IFI is screening four films that showcase the richness and vibrancy of African stories on film, including a documentary on Nollywood (the third largest film industry in the world), a homecoming story from Algeria, and a special animated family film.
Africa Day is the annual commemoration of the founding of the Organisation of African Unity in May 1963. The Africa Day Film Festival, hosted by the Irish Film Institute and Irish Aid, celebrates African diversity and success and highlights the creative potential that exists on this vast and varied continent.
For more information, or to book online, please click here.
- January 29, 2013 Call For: Marketing & Communications Assistant at IFI
- January 30, 2013 IFI International promotes Irish film across Europe during Ireland’s EU Presidency
- May 18, 2011 Galway African Film Festival
- July 20, 2010 Neil Sinyard talk on Woody Allen
- January 22, 2013 Actors Killian Scott and Kelly Campbell launch programme for the 2013 Jameson Dublin International Film Festival
- January 29, 2013 Call For: Freshly Squeezed International Student Short Film Festival open for online submissions
- December 2, 2010 Moving Worlds: Cinemas of Migration
- January 29, 2013 ‘The Summit’ Win Caps off Successful Sundance
- June 25, 2010 The IFI Screen films From Africa
- January 24, 2013 ‘Henry Hugglemonster’ shortlisted for International Emmy