Leticia Agudo, Paul McGrath & Aoibheann O’Sullivan, under the name An Lár, have made the finalists of the International Documentary Challenge 2009 with their short film Forty Foot.
During 5-9 March, 142 filmmakers from 15 countries made 116 short non-fiction films with the assigned theme of ‘Hope and/or Fear’. 13 finalists will screen at the Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival on 9th May, 2009 at 9 pm where the winners will be announced.
Filmed at the 40 Foot swimming spot in Sandycove, the short focuses on the people who have been swimming there for years through snow, gales or sunny mornings. The film sheds light on what happens there every morning and demonstrates that it is much more than just swimming.
To see information posted on the filmmaker’s blog during the process of the project, please click here.
- May 15, 2009 Irish Short Wins at Hot Docs
- May 7, 2010 ‘Forty Foot’ Selected
- June 1, 2011 Funding campaign for documentary by the makers of 'Forty Foot'
- January 23, 2013 Call For: Next Generation Student Short Documentary Competition
- January 23, 2013 7th Guth Gafa International Documentary Film Festival finds new home in Malin, Co. Donegal
- January 29, 2013 Call For: Marketing & Communications Assistant at IFI
- January 29, 2013 Irish Short Wins Best Comedy award at 2012 Vacaville International Film Festival
- January 29, 2013 Call For: Freshly Squeezed International Student Short Film Festival open for online submissions
- January 25, 2013 JDIFF 2013: Special Event – Brainbelt Illustration Collective team up with Jameson Dublin International Film Festival
- January 22, 2013 Actors Killian Scott and Kelly Campbell launch programme for the 2013 Jameson Dublin International Film Festival