Private I, Public Eye is a video making competition for the public launched by the Data Protection Commissioner to mark Europe Data Protection Day (28th January 2009).
The competition, which is being run in conjunction with Google aims to encourage debate and create awareness of data protection and privacy issues. Winning entries will be posted on YouTube. In addition, a prize fund of €10,000 has been created with a first prize of €5,000.
The competition is open to anyone over 13 years of age. A video on the theme Private I, Public Eye must be submitted before the 30th of April to the Data Protection Commissioner’s YouTube channel.
For further details on the competition, judging and rules please click here.
- October 18, 2011 Video Ad Competition – Win an iPad
- October 3, 2013 Food Right Now: Video Competition
- July 22, 2009 Democracy & Dialogue Short Online Film Competition
- August 1, 2012 Nikon Capture Kings Video Competiton @ Kings of Concrete 2012 Aug 23rd-26th
- January 29, 2013 Call For: Freshly Squeezed International Student Short Film Festival open for online submissions
- January 23, 2013 Call For: Next Generation Student Short Documentary Competition
- January 29, 2013 Irish Short Wins Best Comedy award at 2012 Vacaville International Film Festival
- February 14, 2013 Sony PROduction Awards 2013 Announced
- October 26, 2010 Oberhausen call for entries
- January 29, 2013 Volta announces content partnership with Artificial Eye