Oliver Hirschbiegel’s Five Minutes of Heaven, which stars Liam Neeson and James Nesbitt, has won the prestigious World Cinema Directing Award and World Cinema Screenwriting Award at this year’s Sundance Film Festival.
The film, which explores aspects of Northern Ireland’s troubled past, will receive its Irish Premiere on 21st February as part of the Jameson Dublin International Film Festival. The screening will be attended by cast members Liam Neeson and James Nesbitt, as well as director Oliver Hirschbiegel and writer Guy Hibbert.
- May 15, 2009 Five Minutes of Heaven
- November 19, 2011 Screen Directors Guild of Ireland welcomes German director Oliver Hirschbiegel to Dublin
- January 28, 2009 Jameson Dublin International Film Festival Launched
- December 18, 2012 We Love… 25 Years of Irish Film – Five Minutes of Heaven
- December 7, 2011 ‘Shadow Dancer’ World Premiere at the prestigious Sundance Film Festival
- November 29, 2018 Five Irish Films to Screens at Sundance
- November 14, 2008 Of Best Intentions Wins Top Prize at Kerry
- December 8, 2014 Irish Films at Sundance
- January 23, 2013 Irish Folk Furniture, directed by Tony Donoghue, wins prize for Best Animation at Sundance Film Festival.
- January 17, 2011 'The Guard' receives marketing support from EFP